From BluefishTV, the creators of the viral sensation “The Parent Rap” comes this sequel about the 9 to 5. Enjoy the humor and remember that Work is to also be an act of worship.
For more info on this topic…go to WorkasWorship.org
So, I have to give credit to a great teacher and friend for the list that follows.
It is funny and yet poignant considering that people (even people that call themselves Christians) fill as if the following excuses have validation for them not belonging or connecting with a church. And yet…humorously, these same “good excuses” breakdown when used in other references.
A pastor who got tired of hearing “reasons” why people don’t go to church have quit coming, decided he would quit bathing and gave the following Top Ten List why…
1. I was forced to as a child
2. People who wash are hypocrites, they think they are cleaner than anyone else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, that I can’t decide which is the right one or what’s best.
4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Easter and Christmas.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I’ll start washing when I get older and need it more cause I’ll be more dirty then.
8. I don’t have any time to spare for washing.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer. (My favorite).
10. The people that make the soap for washing are only after your money.
Okay, this isn’t meant to offend but to get a chuckle and hopefully bring an honest look to the silliness of those who call themselves Christians and don’t connect with other Christians in God’s church. The local church is so important for growth in this life as a believer and Disciple (follower) of Christ.
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” -Hebrews 10:23-25
Thanks to Dave Turner…and amazing friend, for the list and the shared dry humor.