- “…by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain.” -1 Corinthians 15:10 [NKJV]
- I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, a husband to Melinda, a father of 4, a pastor to many, and a student of the Scriptures. …I consider myself to be… a thinker, an idiot, seeker of truth, believer in faith, receiver of grace, tech junkie, book hound, music lover, football watcher, baseball bum, trivia geek, socialite, recluse, history buff, avid reader, unique teacher, & vocabulary crasher…
- I am in my 30’s and I have been a follower of Christ since October of 1991. I have been married to my beautiful bride since 2004 and we have 4 incredible children. My wife and I met while we were attending William Carey College, where I received my B.A. in Theology & History in 2003. I am now a seminary student working toward my M.Div. at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I have been serving in various ministry & mission settings across the globe since the summer of 1999. I am currently the Pastor of the church at Eastgate Baptist in the Flint, Michigan area.
- My desire is to lead & equip generations of people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. I have a passion to preach & teach the scriptures to call out servant-leaders that will impact the world for Jesus Christ. I believe with everything that is within me, that this is my calling from God. I know that this is only through His gift of grace upon me and His Holy Spirit dwelling with me.
- Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Music, Movies, Travel, Sports, Being Outdoors, & Being a Tech Nerd.
- Favorite Quote: “He is no fool who loses what he cannot gain, to gain what he cannot lose.” -Jim Elliott – 20th Century missionary & martyr
- Favorite Teams: Mississippi State University Bulldogs, St. Louis Cardinals, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Red Wings & Detroit Tigers (the latter two come with the new territory).