…we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom He predestined He also called, and those whom He called He also justified, and those whom He justified He also glorified.
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
-Romans 8:28-39 [ESV]
This presentation of the Apostle Paul to the church in Rome on is able to stand firm as a witness to the incredible power and love of Jesus Christ.
The Love of God…
- Accomplishes what He declares to be accomplished because of His omnipotent (all powerful) strength.
- Conforms us to the image of Jesus Christ.
- Brings us to peace (reconciliation) with God through His justice & His salvation.
- Brings us to the choice of faith in Him to receive His salvation (John 3:16-17, Romans 10:13)
- Brings us into a walk with God through His Holy Spirit. This is to all who will follow Christ in faith.
- Keeps us in united with God through His power and grace.
- Enables us to walk with God through the tribulations of life this side of eternity.
- Reminds us that God walks with us through the same tribulations and He overcomes.
- Promises us that His love never fails, falters, or is foiled by any foe or future.
These are just a few examples of His extraordinary, supernatural love…
His love is overcoming & it can never be overcome by any other. There is no greater love than that of Jesus Christ. This is one of many of the strong promises of God to the believer. The Love of God is one of His many amazing eternal attributes. Disciples…stand on this promise! It will not fail you, because He never fails.
By His Grace. Through His Gospel. For His Glory.