“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.” –Psalm 1:1-3 [ESV]
The blessings of God accompany His grace and the response of His people to live in faith & obedience. The idea of the blessed person is one that takes the grace of God, the presence of God, and the cultivation of the servant-leader that trusts & obeys God.
A great question to be asked is this…what are ways that character can be cultivated? What are ways that believers can learn, grow, & live as servant – leaders?
Here Are Just A Few Tips (not exhaustive):
- Be Rooted & Grounded: Know what you believe and why you believe it, and be sure of it. But know what you believe because you actually have ground to stand on and substantial roots that continue to strength these beliefs.
- Be A Creature of The Word: Be a Biblical student and a Biblical servant. Don’t embrace actions of views contrary to God’s Word. Live according to it. The Word of God requires study. The Word of God also leads to actions. The Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15 & 3:16-17)
- Be A Specimen of Optimism: Be a person that has hope. Be a person that declares hope. Be a person that gives hope. Use your voice and actions to encourage. Don’t be the poster child of negativity. If you know the awesome redemption of God through Jesus Christ, then you know we have the greatest source of hope and the hope of God does not disappoint. (Romans 5)
- Be Known For Compassion: Grow in relationships with people that are close to God. Let them encourage you and embolden you as you encourage and embolden others in the faith. But never forget to also build relationships with people who are far from God. The person of compassion can learn through the Word of God how to do this without condoning sin and by shedding light on the love of God.
- Be An Authoritative Declaration: Be known as a person that speaks with a firm and sure spiritual voice from whatever platform that God provides for you. This platform could be before hundreds or thousands. This platform can also be one on one in a coffee shop. Be a proclaimer of what you know to be truth because it comes from the foundation of God’s Word.
- Be A Servant-Leader: Have Humility. Don’t humiliate and belittle. Submit yourself as a servant first. Let it not be said that you are arrogant and full of pride. Bu have favor with both God and men as did Jesus Christ. Be able to admit when you are wrong and be quick to apologize. Seek to provide peace to and be a restorer relationships (Romans 12).
By His Grace. Through His Gospel. For His Glory.